I am an Assistant Professor in the Department of Computer Science and Technology at Tsinghua University.
Before that, I worked as a postdoc researcher (assistant researcher) at Tsinghua. I recieved my Ph.D degree (supvervised by Prof. Jiwu Shu) from Tsinghua University in 2015,
and Bachelor degree from Nanjing University in 2009.
My research interest is in the area of storage and file systems, with an emphasis on non-volatile memories and file systems.
- [2017-06]: LocoFS (a Loosely-Coupled metadata service for Distributed File Systems) is accepted to SC 2017.
- [2017-04]: Octopus (an RDMA-based Distributed Persistent Memory File System) is accepted to USENIX ATC 2017.
- [2016-04]: ParaFS is accepted to USENIX ATC 2016. Congratulations to Jiacheng.
- [2016-02]: Our paper "A High Performance File System for Non-Volatile Main Memory" is accepted to EuroSys 2016. Congratulations to Jiaxin Ou.
- [2015-04]: Our paper "Blurred Persistence in Transactional Persistent Memory" won the Best Paper Runner-Up in MSST 2015 (one of the three best papers nominateed).
- [2014-08]: Our paper "TxCache: Transactional Cache using Byte-Addressable Non-Volatile Memories in SSDs" won the Best Paper Award in IEEE NVMSA 2014 (the sole best paper in NVMSA 2014).
- [2013-12]: Our paper "ReconFS: A Reconstructable File System on Flash Storage" was accepted to FAST 2014.
- [2012-12]: Our paper "Extending the Lifetime of Flash-based Storage through Reducing Write Amplification from File Systems" was accepted to FAST 2013.
- Flash Storage Systems
- In-Memory Storage
- Siyang Li, Youyou Lu. Jiwu Shu, Tao Li. Yang Hu
LocoFS: a Loosely-Coupled Metadata Service for Distributed File Systems,
accepted to the International Conference for High Performance Computing, Networking, Storage and Analysis (SC'17)
- Youyou Lu, Jiwu Shu, Youmin Chen, Tao Li
Octopus: an RDMA-enabled Distributed Persistent Memory File
accepted to USENIX Annual Technical Conference (USENIX ATC'17)
- Jiacheng Zhang, Jiwu Shu, Youyou Lu
ParaFS: A Log-Structured File System to Exploit the Internal Parallelism of Flash Devices,
in Proceedings of the USENIX Annual Technical Conference (USENIX ATC'16), June 22-24, 2016, Denver, CO
- Jiaxin Ou, Jiwu Shu, Youyou Lu
A High Performance File System for Non-Volatile Main Memory,
in Proceedings of the European Conference on Computer Systems (EuroSys'16), April 18-21, 2016, London, UK
Youyou Lu, Jiwu Shu, Long Sun
Blurred Persistence in Transactional Persistent Memory,
in Proceedings of the 31st International Conference on Massive Storage Systems and Technology (MSST'15), May 30 - June 5, 2015, Santa Clara, USA
Slides, Presentation Photo
Best Paper Runner-up.
- Youyou Lu, Jiwu Shu, Long Sun, Onur Mutlu
Loose-Ordering Consistency for Persistent Memory,
in Proceedings of the 32nd IEEE International Conference on Computer Design (ICCD'14), October 19-22, 2014, Seoul, Korea
- Youyou Lu, Jiwu Shu, Wei Wang,
ReconFS: A Reconstructable File System on Flash Storage,
in Proceedings of the 12th USENIX Conference on File and Storage Technologies (FAST'14), February 17-20, 2014, Santa Clara, USA
- Youyou Lu, Jiwu Shu, Weimin Zheng,
Extending the Lifetime of Flash-based Storage through Reducing Write Amplification from File Systems,
in Proceedings of the 11th USENIX Conference on File and Storage Technologies (FAST'13), February 12-15, 2013, San Jose, USA
2017: Excellent Postdoctoral Research Award of Tsinghua University
2016: CCF Outstanding Doctoral Dissertation Award (中国计算机学会优秀博士学位论文奖)
2015: Young Elite Scientists Sponsorship Program by CAST (中国科协青年人才托举工程)
2015: MSST 2015 Best Paper Runner-Up
2014: IEEE NVMSA 2014 Best Paper Award
USENIX File and Storage Technologies (FAST),
International Conference on Massive Storage Systems and Technology (MSST),
International Conference on Parallel Processing (ICPP)
2014 and before:
IPDPS, ICPP, PACT, Cluster, etc.
IEEE Transactions on Computers (TC),
IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems (TPDS),
ACM Transactions on Embedded Computer Systems (TECS),
IEEE Computer (Computer),
Last modified in Dec 2015. Maintained by Youyou Lu